This is a delicious recipe – Breaded Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms!
photo by Nikki L.
2 tablespoons olive oil
24 medium to large mushroom caps
Salt and pepper
¾ pound Italian sausage, hot or sweet
2 teaspoons minced garlic
½ small onion, minced
½ red bell pepper, seeded and diced
1 rib celery, diced
½ cup dried bread crumbs
1/3 cup grated, Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Add the olive oil and mushroom caps. Season with salt and pepper and sauté for 6 to 8 minutes. Turn the caps over onto a paper towel lined platter and let set for 5 to 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, add the sausage to the skillet and cook. Remove to paper towels to drain, reserving the drippings.
- Add the garlic, onion, bell pepper and celery to the drippings and cook until tender, about 5 minutes. Add the bread crumbs and stir.
- Stuff the mushroom caps and place on a non-stick baking sheet. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and bake in a preheated oven for 10 to 12 minutes; serve immediately.