This is a very fun appetizer – Stuffed Mushrooms with Goat Cheese and Herbs!
photo by little blue hen
1 pound of baby portabella mushrooms, stemmed
½ pound fresh goat cheese
2 tablespoons sour cream
1 teaspoon minced garlic
½ cup mixed fresh herbs: basil, parsley, dill and chives
1 teaspoon thyme
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Extra virgin olive oil, as needed.
- Heat the oven to 400 degrees F. and clean the mushrooms. Lightly grease a baking sheet.
- Crumble the goat cheese and mix with the sour cream. Stir in the garlic and herbs. Taste and add salt and pepper.
- Stuff the mushrooms with the cheese mixture and place on the baking sheet. Bake in a preheated oven until lightly browned on top, about 15 minutes. Let cool and serve hot or at room temperature.
This is a delicious recipe – Breaded Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms!
photo by Nikki L.
2 tablespoons olive oil
24 medium to large mushroom caps
Salt and pepper
¾ pound Italian sausage, hot or sweet
2 teaspoons minced garlic
½ small onion, minced
½ red bell pepper, seeded and diced
1 rib celery, diced
½ cup dried bread crumbs
1/3 cup grated, Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Add the olive oil and mushroom caps. Season with salt and pepper and sauté for 6 to 8 minutes. Turn the caps over onto a paper towel lined platter and let set for 5 to 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, add the sausage to the skillet and cook. Remove to paper towels to drain, reserving the drippings.
- Add the garlic, onion, bell pepper and celery to the drippings and cook until tender, about 5 minutes. Add the bread crumbs and stir.
- Stuff the mushroom caps and place on a non-stick baking sheet. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and bake in a preheated oven for 10 to 12 minutes; serve immediately.